Membership of Uni Bible Group means you want to support the aims and objectives of the club.
The Aims of Uni Bible Group are to:
- Present students with the Christian gospel and lead them to a personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Strengthen Christians in their faith and witness; and to encourage them to continually submit every aspect of their lives to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Ensure that Christians in the University are made aware of the nature, needs and challenge of Christian service at home and abroad.
Membership also means you agree with the doctrinal basis of the Uni Bible Group. These are the convictions that we hold to as a group.
- The Doctrinal Basis of Uni Bible Group shall be the fundamental truths of Christianity as revealed in the Scriptures, including:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of all Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all manner of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, in the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the Virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through (faith in) the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ, the incarnate son of God, as our representative and substitute.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Jesus Christ effective to the individual sinner granting him or her repentance towards God and faith in Christ.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith in Christ Jesus alone.
- The sanctification of the believer by the indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit.
- The one holy universal church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
How to become a member
Becoming a member involves agreeing with the aims and objectives of the Uni Bible Group and paying the membership fee.
As of 2018, every member of all UOW clubs will need to become a member of Unillife, the UOW clubs organising group. If you aren't a member of Unilife yet you can do this after you sign up as a member here. Membership of Unilife is free.
The cost of Uni Bible Group membership is $5. Payment instructions are on the next page.
Of course, you don't need to be a member to come along to our events and activities. Everyone is welcome to all our public events.